Saturday 3 May 2014

how-to for glowy full coverage skin

Hi Cuties!

I personally am not a frequent rocker of the full-coverage face, I usually for for a sheer to medium coverage foundation that is enough to brighten my face up and cover any problem areas however I do acknowledge that lots of people do opt for a full coverage look and still want that 'glowy' look so I'm going to give you a little how-to on how I achieved the full coverage dewy makeup look below.


ta-da! please excuse how sleepy i look this was after a night of about 2 hours sleep so definitely was not at my peak of bushy-tailed and bright-eyed-ness

full coverage dewy makeup look tutorial 

  • It's super important to always start with a good base for your foundation. I have normal skin and my biggest problem are my problem pores but I treat my skin as if it were dry as I love to keep my skin feeling fresh and hydrated. For my primer I am currently loving the MAC natural radiance illuminating base. (when you go into MAC there are two types of this, one with sparkles and one without, I use the one without sparkles.) I pump two or three squirts of the product onto my fingers and then rub this in all over my face, if i feel that some areas are dryer then others I will apply some more as I go. 
  • I then took the Revlon nearly naked foundation in colour 220 natural tan which is the darkest colour they stock (I think) and drew thin lines in the hollows of my cheeks, under of my chin, sides of my jaw, sides of my nose and top of my forehead using my fingers. I used the Real Techniques buffing brush to buff this product into my skin using small circular motions. 
  • Using Benefit high-beam liquid highlighter I drew a thick line on the top of my cheeks, middle of my chin, top of my brow bone, middle of the forehead, down the centre of my nose and on the peak of my top lip. I then blended this out with my fingers as I wasn't super concerned about keeping the product in the exact place as i did want an all over dewy glow. 
please note that after i applied each product with my fingers i was cleaning my hand after so that I didn't cross-contaminate my products. 

  • I took my L'oreal true match LUMI healthy luminous foundation in colour porcelain/light ivory and dabbed little circles of the product all over my face before stippling them into the skin with my Napoleon Perdis complexion perfection stippling brush 23s using a circular motion to avoid ending up with streaky lines all over my face
  • Once i was happy with the amount of coverage i took my Nyx matte bronzer for face and body in colour medium and my Real Techniques contour brush and very lightly applied this in the hollows of my cheeks over where I had previously contoured with my liquid foundation. This bronzer is super pigmented so you really only need to start out with a tiny amount and then you can build from there should you choose. Using my Real Techniques duo fibre face brush i then rigorously blended this out as I am not generally a fan of harsh lines and tend to lean towards a more natural/airbrushed look. 
  • To highlight and assist in creating the super dewy look I was aiming for I took my MAC mineralise skin finish pressed powder in colour soft & gentle with my Real Techniques setting brush and lightly applied this over where i had previously applied my liquid highlight. Once again this is a very pigmented product so you only need to get a tiny bit on your brush and you should tap the excess off of the brush before you put the brush to your face. 
  • Using the Real Techniques powder brush I applied the Stila set and correct baked powder trio as a finishing powder very lightly all over my face. This product has a gorgeous illuminating finish so I highly recommend it to anyone who was chasing a new setting powder. 
Voila! That is how I achieved the finish shown in the image above. You can really pair this with any eye/lip combo you desire and it is a really diverse look. Please let me know what lip/eye you would pair this with and if you give it a try, let me know how it goes! 

Hope you are all having a wonderful week and feeling fantastic and happy and loved.

Much love - Nic x 

No comments :

Post a Comment