Thursday 29 May 2014

All Drugstore Errythang


Hi Cuties!

A lot of my drugstore products tend to get overlooked on a day-to-day basis as once I find something I stick to it and at the moment a majority of those products are high-end so I thought I'd show you some drug-store products I'm really enjoying. I did cheat a little as I only have high end setting powders and blushes but apart from that is all drugstore errythang. Let me know if you want any more info on any of the products i mention here and I'll be sure to do that 
Garnier Moisture Match Moisturiser
I'm absoloutely obsessing over this lately - I  have normal to dry skin that I treat as dry/very dry and this stuff is honestly such a godsend. A little goes a super long way and it's become an essential part of my morning routine 




Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer
I bought this today as I realised I didn't own a single drug-store primer and it's honestly one of the strangest damn things I've ever put on my face. When I squeeze it out of the tube and rub it into my skin it looks like I've just experienced the worst fake tan known to man but the second I pop some foundation over the top it works magic. I don't know how it works, but I'm excited to try it with some more foundations to see how it will hold up in the long run. 




Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
If I'm being honest, matte finish foundations scare the bajeezus out of me. I've rigorously avoided them ever since 2010 saw the eruption of 'sc3ne kids' with cake-faced matte foundation and thick black eyeliner. I understand that's not how it looks and this stuff looks amazing on other people but the fear still remains. Anyways I decided to put on my big girl pants, toughen up and buy a matte foundation. The rimmel stay matte foundation has some amazing reviews from the girls I follow on instagram and I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't super cakey or drying and did leave quite a nice finish on my face. I'm not completely sold yet but I'll give it a few more try's and see how I feel.





Revlon Age Defying Targeted Dark Spot Concealer
I may get shot down for this but I've recently retired my MAC prolongwear concealaer to my 'meh' drawer, I'm finding that no matter what I do it always seems to crease under my eyes and separates on my cheeks like nobodies business. I tried this at my local priceline today and I'm so in love. It's a beautiful light shade which is perfect to brighten up my under eye area and its got such wonderful coverage. If you're chasing a new concealer definitely give this one a go. 




Nyx Matte Bronzer (Medium)
Picked this baby up in Canada and it's beaten out my Stila bronzer as my go-to. It has 0 shimmer or glitter so it's fantastic for a natural finish and blends out so easily. Definitely one of my favourite Nyx purchases to date. 




Wet n Wild Coloricon Eyeshadow Palette
This is such a ridiculously wonderful palette especially considering that it cost me about $4. The colours are beautiful and pigmented and blend out like a dream. I don't own a lot of drugstore eyeshadow but I have this neutral one and a coloured one so I think I'm pretty much sorted for the time being anyways. 




Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil (Milk)
This isn't my favourite eyeshadow base in the world however my MAC paint pot was out of bounds for this look so it got the job done and helped my shadows stay a bit more pigmented

Rimmel Glameyes Liquid Liner
This is ok for the price, the brush is pretty flimsy and it's quite hard to draw a real straight line but it did just fine for this look

Revlon Brow Fantasy
This handy little pencil and gel combo is actually so phenomenal, I really wasn't expecting anything amazing but I've recently fallen in love with a lot of Revlon products so I'm definitely looking to expand on my lil collection. 




Revlon Colourburst Lip Balm (Sultry)
 I really didn't see the fuss with these when they first came out as i assumed like most balms the pigmentation would be god awful but this actually blew my mind. The matte finish is amazing, the colour is awesome and they feel so moisturising and great on the lips. Love love love this.




I did whip out my mac mineralise blush and studio finish powder as I didn't have any drugstore alternatives but all in all I was really happy with the look and I may have to experiment with a few more matte products in the future.

Hope you're all well and happy and sunshine-y

much love, Nic

xx







No comments :

Post a Comment